These buttery Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies filled with Peanut Butter are a match made in heaven! So easy to make and absolutely addictive!
So how’s your week going guys?! Happy it’s almost Friday? I thought last weekend blew by, but honestly I think this week cruised by even faster.
This week, I’ve been working on learning the basics of SnapChat. Do you guys do SnapChat? Or should I say “do you snap?” (My son Casey is rolling his eyes right now reading this) Let’s just say any new social media platform freaks me out. The learning curve is huge when you get to be “my age”. Take it from me… I’m too old for half of this crap. First, it was Instagram, then Twitter, then Facebook and now SnapChat. For God’s sake, stop the madness!
My friend’s daughter Megan and my son Sean have been helping me get the hang of it. Sean’s says I’m overthinking it. But that’s what I do. Overthink everything. Clearly, the only logical thing to do is disconnect for a bit and grab a few of these Chocolate Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies and a nice
cup of coffee glass of wine! Care to join me?
First of all, thumbprint cookies are like two treats for the price of one. And we all know there’s nothing better than the chocolate peanut butter combo right? These buttery chocolate thumbprints are stuffed with a creamy peanut butter filling that you’ll have a hard time not eating right from the bowl. These are incredibly easy to make and take less than 30 minutes from start to finish. Way easier than learning a new social media platform. And way tastier! Enjoy!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Peanut Butter Filling
- 2 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter softened
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar sifted
- 2 Tbsp. whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder and salt. Set Aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg yolk, heavy cream and vanilla and mix until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl when necessary.
- Gradually add the flour mixture until blended. Shape dough into one-inch balls and place on prepared sheet two inches apart.Press thumb into center of each ball. Bake for 10 minutes, until set.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- While cookies cool, make peanut butter filling.
- In a small bowl, beat together peanut butter and butter until smooth. Gradually add the confectioner's sugar alternately with the 2 Tbsp. milk, starting with the sugar and beat until smooth. Spoon the filling into a small ziploc bag. Snip one corner and pipe filling into cooled cookies.