Step up your breakfast game with these Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Waffles! They’re such a treat!
Who’s a fan of banana bread, raise your hand. My hand is up!
Well, when you over buy bananas by accident, you need to not only whip up a classic loaf, but why not waffle it too??
And while you’re at it, add some mini chocolate chips to make them extra special, mmmm k?!
I made these a few weekends back for brunch, and frankly I don’t think I want to eat plain waffles ever again.
Topped with syrup with a side of fresh fruit and I couldn’t think of a better breakfast.
The recipe makes about 10-12 waffles, so I love to freeze the extras (if there are any), in a Ziploc freezer bag, so when the craving hits and I decide to treat myself after a tough early morning workout, I simply break out my toaster and toast away.
The recipe is a combination of less than ten ingredients, with the mini chocolate chips as optional, but highly encouraged! I use my little waffle iron that makes 6-7-inch size waffles.
And today, you folks not only get this yummy recipe, but I’m having a GIVEAWAY!
I’ve been a fan of Michael Laico’s from Michael’s Woodcraft for years. He was actually one of the first virtual friends I made as a food blogger. I found him on Instagram and was totally drawn in by his incredible work with wood.
He’s got some of the most beautiful boards, catchall trays, wine stoppers, ice cream scoops, honey sticks and mirrors. He has made me a few pieces over the years and they’re heirlooms that will last a lifetime. I totally treasure each and every piece.
So when Michael asked if we could do a giveaway together, I jumped at the chance! I knew y’all would love his pieces as much as I do.
The board the waffles are pictured on in today’s post is the most recent board of mine from Michael. It’s walnut and I absolutely love it. It’s fabulous as a prop for the blog, but I also use it as a serving board when I have guests.
For today’s giveaway, Michael made this board ↓ which is a 12-inch round walnut board with a handle and inlays on one side. It’s just beautiful.
The giveaway is open to U.S. residents and to enter you’ll need to follow me @thebeachhousekitchen and Michael @MichaelsWoodcraft on Instagram. Be sure to like the photo on Instagram and in the comments tag a friend. That’s it! Good luck and enjoy the waffles folks!
Another favorite waffle recipe here at the BHK is my Easy Pecan Waffles with Pecan Praline Sauce. Check it out!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Waffles Recipe:
As I mentioned above, the mini chocolate chips are optional, but highly recommended.
Make sure your bananas are overripe (very brown) for this recipe.
The cinnamon could also be optional, but I love the taste.
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread WafflesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup (one stick) butter, melted
- 3 overripe bananas
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat waffle iron. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon and baking soda. Set aside. In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Add the melted butter, sugar, egg and vanilla and stir with a rubber spatula until well blended. Stir in the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Spray iron with non-stick cooking spray. Using a 1/4 cup scoop, fill iron with batter. Cook until golden brown or until waffle iron indicates waffle is done. Transfer finished waffles to oven and place directly on oven rack to keep warm until finished with all the batter. Serve with syrup.
Join the Conversation