Loaded with double the apple flavor, these Caramel Glazed Apple Butter Blondies are a real fall treat!
‘Tis the season for apple picking guys, so grab your basket and get pickin’, because have I got a delicious fall dessert for you!
I had another yummy dessert all lined up for today, but then these Caramel Glazed Apple Butter Blondies happened and well…GAME OVER!
I was at the market a few days ago and came across a display of apple butter from a local farm. I couldn’t resist grabbing a jar. If you aren’t familiar with apple butter, it’s a highly concentrated form of applesauce. It’s fall in a jar! It’s thick and creamy and goes perfectly mixed in with your morning oatmeal, on your fall cheese board, or as a spread on sandwiches.
And it was the perfect addition to these blondie bars. They’ve got a double dose of apple flavor, the apple butter and chopped honeycrisp apples. I knew I needed to share the recipe ASAP because it’s prime apple picking season. I couldn’t leave you folks hanging with an overflowing basket of apples and nothing to make!
I know you’re going to absolutely LOVE these bars. First off, they’re moister than moist! (I know, I went there) You’ll see what I mean when you whip them up for yourself. It’ll be one of the first things that comes to mind. Followed by warm and cinnamony, and apple flavor that’s off the charts!!
And that caramel glaze! Holy moly! It’s buttery and smooth and absolutely decadent. You can drizzle the caramel glaze over the cooled blondies or opt to top the bars with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and then drizzle away. You decide. Any way you choose, I guarantee it’ll be your favorite new fall dessert! Enjoy!
- 3/4 cup 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups light brown sugar packed
- 2/3 cup apple butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Honeycrisp apples
- Caramel Glaze:
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper leaving an overhang on sides for easy removal. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter and brown sugar until smooth and well combined. Add the apple butter, eggs and vanilla and mix until fully incorporated.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients until just combined. Fold in the apples. Spread mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until pick inserted into center of pan comes out with a few moist crumbs only. Place on wire rack to cool completely. Lift bars from pan by overhangs and cut into bars.
- Caramel Glaze: In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the brown sugar and cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Slowly add the heavy cream and salt. Bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes, then remove from heat and let cool for 20 minutes. Drizzle over bars or atop ice cream.