This Crabby Snack Mix is simple, zesty and perfect for a crowd!
Happy weekend everyone! Welcome back to Simple Saturday. Today, I’m sharing my number one requested summer snack mix a.k.a. Crabby Snack Mix.
Old Bay is one of my favorite spices. This zesty blend of herbs and spices is added to anything and everything at the BHK . If you’re a regular follower of the blog, you may remember the stories of my boys and their adventures crabbing when they were growing up. Talk about kids having fun! They would catch ’em, I would cook ’em! And they were always steamed with some Old Bay. Since the boys always loved the flavor in the crabs, it was a no-brainer we would have to create an Old Bay inspired snack mix.
This Crabby Snack Mix is unbelievably simple and perfect for a crowd. We change up the mixture every now and then depending on what we have extra in the cabinets, but today’s recipe is our usual concoction. The Old Bay is zesty on it’s own, but we add a little cayenne for some added heat. This mix is not only perfect for summer, but perfect all year long! Enjoy friends!
- 6 cups corn or rice Chex I used corn
- 4 cups pretzel sticks
- 2 cups whole grain mini goldfish
- 1 cup oyster crackers
- 3/4 cup peanuts or cashews
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup one stick unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. worchestershire sauce
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl toss together Chex, pretzel sticks, goldfish, oyster crackers, nuts and pepitas.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter oven medium heat. When butter is melted remove from heat and stir in Old Bay, worchestershire and cayenne until well blended.
- Pour mixture over Chex mixture in bowl. Toss well to coat.
- Spread on prepared baking sheet. Bake for one hour, tossing every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on tray.
- Place in airtight container. Snack mix will last for about one week.