Happy Monday morning friends! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Mine was busy cooking up some new goodies for the blog that I hope you will enjoy over the next few weeks AND enjoying the beautiful weather that came my way!
We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day right? So raise your hand if you ate a good breakfast this morning. I am guessing not many hands are up. I know, I know you’re in a hurry, you don’t have time, you’ll grab a coffee and a breakfast bar on the way to work. Wrong answer! I care about you guys so today I have an egg bake breakfast sandwich that is so delicious and easy to make you’ll have NO excuse to not have a good breakfast! You can even make it the night before, cut it into squares in the baking dish and the next morning pop a yummy little square in the microwave for a few seconds til it’s hot! Next, you just sandwich it between a biscuit, bagel or English muffin, whatever your pleasure, add some zesty pico de gallo and BOOM breakfast is served!
This egg bake is loaded with ham, shredded Monterey Jack cheese , chopped scallions and jalapenos but if you happen to prefer another type of breakfast meat like sausage or bacon feel free to change it up. You can also substitute your favorite cheese. This bake is so versatile and easy to make you’ll be craving it every morning I guarantee it. There is nothing like a nice hot cup of coffee and a savory breakfast sandwich to help you get your day off on the right foot! Enjoy and have a great week!
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 cup ham, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded jalapeno jack cheese
- 1/4 cups scallions, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. jalapenos, finely chopped (with ribs and seeds if you like it hot, without if you like it mild)
- Pico de Gallo
- 4 Roma tomatoes - seeded and finely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped - seeds and ribs removed
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 7x9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In medium size bowl beat eggs, heavy cream, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour into prepared dish. Top with ham, cheese, scallions and jalapenos. Bake for 25-30 minutes until puffy, golden brown and when a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into squares and serve on a biscuit, bagel or English muffin. Top with pico de gallo.
- For pico de gallo combine all ingredients in medium bowl. Chill.