Supreme Pizza Mac and Cheese
This Supreme Pizza Mac and Cheese is totally drool worthy folks! It's loaded with all the ingredients on a supreme pizza pie and SUPER tasty!
Servings: 12 servings
- 16 oz. pasta shells, you can also use elbows
- 8 oz. sweet Italian sausage, removed from casings
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 4 cups Fontina cheese, freshly grated
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 oz. pepperoni slices, about 25 slices from 3 oz. package
- fresh basil, chopped, for sprinkling, if desired
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 13x9 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. Prepare the macaroni al dente according to directions on package. Drain and set aside.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook Italian sausage until no longer ponk, breaking up with a wooden spoon, about 4 minutes. Add red onion and peppers and cook for 5 minutes. Add garlic and continue to cook one more minute. Remove from heat and set aside.
Melt 6 Tbsp. butter over medium heat in a large dutch oven. Whisk in flour and cook for one minute. Slowly whisk in milk, cream, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stirring constantly, continue to cook for 6 minutes until nice and thick. Add the marinara sauce, 3 1/2 cups fontina cheese and 2 cups mozzarella cheeses and mix until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth. Add the cooled pasta, the Italian sausage and veggies and the pepperoni slices.
Pour into the prepared dish and sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup fontina and grated parmesan cheeses. Bake until bubbly and nice and golden browned, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle with fresh chopped basil, if desired. Serve immediately.
Calories: 670kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 24g | Cholesterol: 138mg | Sodium: 1297mg | Potassium: 505mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1761IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 501mg | Iron: 2mg