Spinning it Southern with these Mini Chicken & Pimento Cheese Quesadillas!
Hey guys. Happy Monday. If you’re gearing up for the NBA Finals or the Stanley Cup Playoffs, I’ve got a total winner for your appetizer menu!
How was everyone’s weekend? Were you up to anything fun? The weather was a beaut in my neck of the woods, so hopefully y’all soaked in some sun and enjoyed some good weather too.
Casey is enjoying being back in the states. He was happy to finally catch up on some sports this past weekend. If you’re not in the sports loop, right now we’re in the midst of the NBA Finals and the Stanley Cup Playoffs, both of which Casey is a huge fan. So you know, I had to bring it to the table with some yummy game night grub.
These Mini Chicken & Pimento Cheese Quesadillas were front and center on the menu. You know my love for my southern fave, pimento cheese. I could slather that stuff on just about anything, so I knew adding it to a quesadilla would be ah-mazing!
Just grab a 10-count package of soft tortillas, and using a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 3 circles per tortilla to give you a total of 30. Then layer each with some pimento cheese, shredded chicken, sliced grape tomatoes, a sprinkle of bacon and then drizzle with some of your favorite hot sauce before you fold over. Then they’re lightly pan-fried in a bit of canola oil until golden brown and crispy on the outside and melted through on the inside. So incredibly easy and always a crowd pleaser. And they can be made ahead of time and kept warm in the oven until ready to serve. Grab ’em while they’re hot, cause they’re won’t be a leftover in da house! They’re a total slam dunk! Enjoy!
- Pimento Cheese:
- 1 cup coarsely grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup coarsely grated sharp yellow cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup pimentos, drained and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. celery salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 10-count package 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 8-10 slices bacon, diced and cooked until crisp, then finely crumbled
- your favorite hot sauce for drizzling
- canola oil for frying
- Pimento Cheese: Mix all ingredients in large bowl until well combined. Set aside. This can be made 2 days in advance.
- Quesadillas: Using a 3-inch circular cookie cutter, cut 3 circle into each 8 inch tortilla. (30 circles total)
- Spread 1 Tbsp. of pimento cheese on top of each circle. Top one side of each circle with some shredded chicken, 2-3 tomato slices, a sprinkle of bacon and a drizzle of hot sauce. Fold over.
- Add a few tablespoons of canola oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add 5-6 mini quesadillas to pan and cook until golden brown and cheese is melty, about 2-3 minutes per side. Repeat until all quesadillas are cooked. Serve immediately or keep warm on a parchment lined baking sheet until ready to serve.