These Chocolate Espresso Almond Energy Bites are a delicious and nutritious quick morning snack or afternoon pick-me-up.
Hi guys! If you’re in need of a little Monday morning pick-me-up, I’ve got ya covered.
How was everyone’s weekend? Did all you mothers out there enjoy your Mother’s Day? Did the kids treat you like a queen and spoil you rotten?? I’m hoping so.
I’m in sunny Florida with my mother. I’m killing three birds with one stone on this trip. Mother’s Day, my niece Ally’s high school graduation, and my mom’s 85th birthday. It’s party, party, party this time around.
At 85 years old my mom’s a tough one to keep up with. I walk in the door and it’s go-go-go. She’s like the energizer bunny, and I’m like, let’s sit by the pool and soak up the sun with a cocktail in hand. No shame. So to keep up with the bunny, I came prepared. These Chocolate Espresso Energy Bites are my new favorite snack. (And they were the perfect on-the-go breakfast for the airport too since I was up before the crack of dawn for my flight!)
I’ve been meaning to get an energy bite on the blog for quite a while, but I’ve been very particular. I tried several combinations, but I have to say I wasn’t in love with any…until these. If you’re a regular follower at the BHK, you know my love for anything with espresso flavor, so I knew these bites would definitely include some espresso powder for an added boost!
These bites are not only delicious, they’re quite nutritious too. A winning combo of less than ten ingredients and these beauties will give you that added energy you need when you’re dragging AND they’ll satisfy your hunger like nobody’s business.
Just grab some old-fashioned oats, unsweetened shredded coconut, almond butter, chopped dark chocolate, maple syrup for sweetness, espresso powder and cinnamon, a dash of vanilla and a sprinkle of salt and whip these babies up quick. They take minutes to make and will last in your fridge for the entire week. Enjoy guys and Happy Monday!
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2/3 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp. espresso powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp, salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 oz. dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place oats in food processor and pulse 4-5 times until oats resemble coarse meal.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, almond butter, maple syrup, coconut, espresso powder, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon. Stir until well blended. Add the dark chocolate.
- Roll into tablespoon size balls and place on prepared sheet. Place tray in refrigerator until firm, about 30 minutes to one hour.