These Carrot Cake Overnight Oats are one of the easiest, tastiest and healthiest breakfasts around. It’s like eating dessert for breakfast!
Hi ya friends! How was everyone’s weekend?? Did you spend it firming up your plans for Thanksgiving?? Are you good to go? I hope so!
There was all kinds of cooking and baking goin’ on in my kitchen over the weekend! We were taste testing Christmas cookies, sipping decadent Nutella Hot Cocoa, wearing fuzzy slippers, getting cozy under fluffy blankets in front of the fireplace and watching lots of awesome college football! It was my kind of weekend! If you missed my Simple Saturday recipe for Nutella Hot Cocoa, do yourself a favor and go grab it and treat yourself! It’s the simplest recipe ever and it’s creamy, dreamy and totally drool-worthy!
You know my mo by now right? I post a sinfully delicious recipe one day and then we balance it out with something delicious, yet healthy the next. We all know that with anything in life, it’s all about balance. So today, I’m sharing one of my favorite quick and easy healthy breakfast options, Carrot Cake Overnight Oats. We’ll all be indulging later this week for Turkey Day, so I thought we may be in need of a nice, healthy breakfast to get us back on the right track.
Have you guys tried overnight oats? It’s one of the easiest, tastiest and healthiest breakfasts around. Overnight oats are easier to digest than cooked oats. They’re versatile. They taste more like dessert than breakfast. And all the work is done overnight while you’re asleep. We all know how busy mornings can be, so whipping up a jar or two of these the night before will not only save you time, but this beauty of a breakfast will keep you satisfied longer!
These Carrot Cake Overnight Oats have all the ingredients of your classic carrot cake. They’ve got shredded carrots, pineapple, toasted coconut, raisins, pecans and a touch of cinnamon. Just stir together with some rolled oats, a little milk and some smooth and creamy coconut Greek yogurt, place in a mason jar and pop it in the fridge. Couldn’t be easier! Just grab it and go guys! Hope you enjoy!
I hope you all have a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving! I will be taking a few days off to spend time with family and friends. See you back at the BHK bright and early next Monday morning when we’ll be kicking off the beginning of the holiday baking season with a Christmas Cookie Exchange favorite!
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut , toasted (I use Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 coconut Greek Yogurt (I use Chobani)
- 4 Tbsp. finely shredded carrot
- 3 Tbsp. pineapple, chopped plus a few chunks for the topping
- 2 Tbsp. raisins
- 2 Tbsp, honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- pinch of kosher salt
- 2 tsp. chopped pecans
- Place coconut in saute pan over low heat, tossing until lightly browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add oats, milk yogurt, 3 Tbsp. shredded carrot, pineapple. raisins, honey, 2 Tbsp. coconut, cinnamon and salt to mason jar.
- Stir until well combined. Cover and chill in refrigerator overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator. Top with remaining carrot, pineapple chunks, toasted coconut, pecans and a drizzle of honey or maple syrup.