This crunchy Super Veggie Chopped Salad with BBQ Ranch Dressing is a combo of healthy veggies topped with a tangy dressing. It’s the perfect tasty salad to keep your diet in balance!
Today, I’m keeping us healthy guys! With the holidays on the horizon, and all the indulging we’ll be doing, I thought it would be the perfect time to share this Super Veggie Chopped Salad with BBQ Ranch Dressing. It’s OK. You don’t have to thank me. We’re friends, and that’s just what friends do for each other.
We all know Halloween is just a few short weeks away. And we all know what happens on Halloween don’t we? The kids go out trick or treating and when they get home to look at their candy stash, we sneak a piece (or two) (or three) when they’re not looking. No shame. (but please say I’m not the only one who’s ever done that?!)
If by chance you haven’t had your fill on Halloween, up next it’s Thanksgiving. The turkey, the stuffing, the cranberry sauce, the pumpkin pie….and the list goes on. And last but certainly not least, we’ve got Christmas and Hanukkah. It’s a vicious cycle friends. There’s food around every corner. So let’s make some of that food healthy, shall we?
This salad is full of texture. It’s a combo of crunchy chopped broccoli, cauliflower, red onion and kale, some shredded carrots, chewy golden raisins and just a smidgen of crispy bacon. Because we all know bacon make everything better. The BBQ ranch is the perfect dressing for this salad. I know I could have picked a healthier option, but you don’t need to overdo the dressing. But if you have another favorite dressing, by all means just substitute what you prefer.
I just prepare one packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing as directed and add 1/2 cup of my favorite BBQ sauce, one garlic clove, some fresh ground pepper and a dash of cayenne. I toss all the ingredients in a large bowl with just a small amount of the dressing and then serve extra dressing on the side.
Enjoy this one friends! Remember, it’s all about balance.
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 4 cups broccoli florets, chopped
- 3 cups cauliflower florets, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing, prepared according to package directions
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- dash of cayenne pepper
- Cook bacon in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine kale, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, red onion and golden raisins.
- Prepare dressing according to directions on packet. Add BBQ sauce, one garlic clove, 1/8 tsp. pepper and a dash of cayenne and mix until well blended.
- Add the bacon to the salad mixture in large bowl and toss with 1 cup of the dressing until well coated.
- Serve with extra dressing.