These Cheesecake Bars with Pecan Praline Topping are the ultimate decadent dessert. A chocolate graham cracker crust, creamy cheesecake and a pecan praline topping puts these dessert bars over the top! AND they couldn’t be easier!
Today, I made us a special treat! A really decadent, droolworthy, lip-smackin’, diet-breakin’ treat. Are you ready guys?
I made these for the first time a few weekends ago and I’ve been dying to share them ever since. I served them for dessert the night I made those amazing Buffalo Sloppy Joes. My friends LOVED both. It was a double thumbs up night. Just the kind I like.
Now, I’ve made cheesecake bars before, but I wanted to give them a little spin for fall. So I added some warm cinnamon to the smooth, creamy cheesecake and I had to go with a pecan praline topping. This topping guys…OMG, it’s crazy good. It’s loaded with toasted pecans, butter, brown sugar, a little cream and a touch of vanilla. Sounds good, huh?!
I know most people are all about pumpkin during the fall, and don’t get me wrong, I love pumpkin too, but pecans have always been at the tippy top of my fall favorites list. They’re buttery and rich and that incredible smell when they’re toasting in the oven gets me every time. So get ready for some more fabulous pecan recipes this fall friends! And get these yummy, easy peasey cheesecake bars on your dessert menu ASAP! Hope you enjoy and Happy Weekend all!
- 2 3/4 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup, one stick, unsalted butter. melted
- 1 1/2 lb. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups pecan, roughly chopped and toasted
- 1/2 cup, one stick unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray. Line the bottom and sides with a sheet of parchment paper. Spray the parchment with non-stick cooking spray.
- Crust: In a large bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and cinnamon. Add the butter and stir with a fork until the mixture is totally moistened. Press the mixture into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of the prepared pan. Bake for 12 minutes Remove from oven and place on wire rack to cool.
- Filling: In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Beat with a hand mixer on medium speed for one minute. Add flour and beat for another minute, scraping down the sides of the bowl when necessary.
- Add the lightly whisked eggs and beat until fully blended.
- Add the sour cream and beat for 30 seconds more.
- Pour the filling over the crust and bake for 40 minutes or until filling is set and doesn't jiggle when pan is shaken. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool.
- While pan is cooling, make the topping.
- Topping: Place the pecans on a baking and toast in a 350 degree oven for 6-7 minutes or until fragrant. In a large saucepan over medium heat, place butter, brown sugar, salt and cream. Bring mixture to a low boil for 4 minutes.Add the toasted pecans to the mixture. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla. Mix until well blended.
- Pour the praline mixture over the cheesecake. Let cool. When the topping is cool cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4-5 hours.
- Remove cheesecake from refrigerator 15 minutes before serving. Cut into bars.