Friends, I’m gettin’ out while the gettin’s good! Winter Storm Jonas is heading my way and all I have to say is, bye-bye Jonas, and here I come sunny Florida! I know it’s a little chilly in Florida at the moment, but not half as frigid as it is here! And Florida is also not expecting over a foot of snow! When I made my reservations a few weeks ago to surprise my mom in Florida, who knew I’d be skipping out on the biggest snowstorm of the season so far?! No shoveling for me this time around!
Well, I’m not leaving you guys hanging! Today, I’m sharing one of my favorite go-to pasta recipes that is rich, incredibly flavorful and can be prepared in no time flat! This Rotini with Italian Sausage and Tomato Cream Sauce is going to warm you up and give you all the energy you need for all that snow shoveling! The tomato cream sauce is ultra-creamy and chock-full of Italian sausage, diced tomatoes, onions, garlic, Italian seasoning, parmesan cheese and some red pepper flakes to kick it up a notch. It’s a hearty dish that I know you’re going to love!
I’ll keep my fingers crossed that the storm is not half as bad as they’re predicting! Stay warm and stay safe friends! I’ll try to channel some warm vibes your way from sunny Florida!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. Italian sausage links (mild or sweet)
- 3/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning (I use Mrs. Dash)
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, plus extra for sprinkling on top
- 12 oz. rotini pasta
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add Italian sausage and cook until no longer pink inside. Remove from skillet. Slice into 1/4 inch pieces. Set aside.
- Add onion and garlic to skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add tomatoes, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, cream and parmesan.
- Lower heat and simmer until mixture thickens.
- While mixture is simmering, cook pasta until tender.
- Drain pasta and place in large serving bowl.
- Pour sauce over pasta. Toss.
- Garnish with parsley and sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese.