I thought the Saturday after Thanksgiving would be the perfect time to once again bring you Simple Saturday. Remember?? A recipe that’s just tasty, plain and simple?! And today’s recipe is one I make around holiday time every year, and it’s a piece of cake to whip up!
These Spiced Holiday Nuts are a family favorite! In this mixture, I combine pecans, cashews and almonds, but feel free to use any nuts that happen to be your favorites. Then I toss them with some savory spices like cumin, paprika, cayenne, chili powder and cinnamon. Finally, I roast them in the oven for about 10 minutes. That’s it! Delicious and done!
These nuts are the perfect healthy snack for your holiday cheese tray. Serve them with some nice cheeses, crackers, some sliced sausage and a variety of olives, and I guarantee your guests will be asking you for the recipe! I also like to package some up in little gifts bags with holiday ribbon or even pretty little bowls and give as hostess gifts with a bottle of wine when going to holiday parties. These couldn’t be easier folks! Hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup unroasted, unsalted whole almonds
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet.
- Add the cayenne, cinnamon, cumin, paprika and chili powder and stir until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Add pecans, cashews and almonds stirring until well coated.
- Remove the nuts from the heat and spread onto prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with 1 tsp. sea salt.
- Roast for 10 minutes in 350 degree oven.
- Let cool.
- Store in airtight container.