Happy Monday morning friends! How was your weekend?? Just in case you are not thrilled that it’s Monday morning I have a little treat to share that will hopefully make your day a little better, because we all know that chocolate chip cookies make any day better! It’s a known fact.
I mean really, how could your day not get better if there were chocolate chip cookies involved? I’m thinkin’ really anything with chocolate is just a little part magic. I could be havin’ a so-so day and then I get this brainstorm to bake up a batch of chocolate chip cookies, Almond Joy Chocolate Chip Cookies to be exact and it’s like ….WHOOSH is today really Monday or did we move right to Friday???
Just take a look at these yummy cookies loaded with dark chocolate chips (because dark chocolate is my all-time favorite!), slivered almonds and toasted coconut!! They have a wonderfully deep, rich flavor because I opted for dark brown sugar instead of light brown sugar. I like a softer, chewier cookie so it is also important to use more brown sugar than white sugar. Lastly, I always use my handy-dandy little ice cream scoop to make my cookies so they come out perfect every time.
So if your Monday is starting off so-so, add a little magic with these Almond Joy Chocolate Chip Cookies and Friday will be here before you know it!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), room temperature
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 6 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut chips
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place slivered almonds on baking sheet and toast in oven for 5 minutes until fragrant. Set aside.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl beat the butter with hand held mixer or stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment until smooth, about two minutes. Add sugars and continue to beat for 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and mix until well blended. Slowly add the flour mixture until just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips, coconut and almonds with a spatula. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, pack the dough into the scoop and flatten with palm of your hand. Drop scoops 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheet. Cookies will spread so make sure they are spaced apart.
- Bake the cookies one sheet at a time for 10-13 minutes until lightly browned. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.